Friday, November 24

Facial Hair Is Not My Friend

I'm going to post a pic when I have a good one of the monstrosity that has grown on Tim's face. I'm all for raising money for prostate cancer, but why does it have to involve something which makes my boyfriend look creepy. He has such a nice face and he's hiding it behind the "chopper" mo. Quite disturbing.

Had the craziest day at work yesterday when Dr Don, leader of the National Party resigned. I was so shocked but had to jump into action immediately to try and get the story up. Boy, who would want to be a politician? We had a story calling him the Political Mr Magoo. He he. (By the way I've posted my favourite picture of him, being WAY too amused by a cherry tomato - what's up with that?)

Well it's all a downhill slide to Christmas now, and I can only imagine this last month of 2006 is going to fly by. Meredith, Danielle and I got busy last weekend on some 50s dresses for Mere and Mart's engagement party. It's quite exciting. Danielle made the most amazing skirt - very cool. And the other dresses are in "production". Ie, mine is sitting in my sewing basket because I'm too scared to try to attach the bodice to the skirt.

I found some great 50s slang on the internet for us to use on the night. Can you believe they ACTUALLY SAID THESE:

Agitate The Gravel (To Leave)
Are You Writing A Book (You're Asking Too Many Questions)
Back Seat Bingo (Necking In A Car)
Blow Off (To Defeat In A Race) (Quite different from what it meant when I was 10)
Cat (A Hip Person)
Word From The Bird (The Truth)

What else is new? Zach the nephew is crawling - how cute! We welcomed little Lucas Forbes into the world (the son of my two bosses Kath and Marcus). I'm continuing my year of reading the classics with Gone With The Wind, I think I'm in love with Scarlett O'Hara already. Tim's back into the swing of full time work and has his Christmas party this week (I have to say, when did Christmas parties start happening in November?) Daniel's boat's being launched in a week or so, a good reason to crack open some bubbles I'm sure. Oh and I just got given an Elvis DVD to review (which might just happen to end up being a Christmas present for Danielle! Shhh don't tell her it was free.).

I almost forgot the most exciting thing. Tim came home during the week with a more-than-impressive plan for our big OE. He had planned a bit of a journey through South America, so I stole all the South American Lonely Planet guides off our travel producer at work, and we've been planning our route. I really want to make sure we don't end up anywhere too dodgy though, have seen one too many documentaries I think.

It's beyond exciting, and looks like we'll end up going up the East Coast of the US, and flying out of New York. So very cool! Then to London for a bit of work. That's all I've got, hope everyone is well and not attending too many boring Christmas parties a month too early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home