Monday, March 19

Last night a 90-year-old stole my legs and left me hers....

Ouch, I seriously have the legs of a 90-year-old now. Tim, Alex and I did Round the Bays yesterday, on behalf of Tegal and Griffins, though there wasn't a cookie bear in sight. I had to go on my own because I wanted to run - and I managed the full 8.4km! I was so surprised. That's a long way for me, although I'm sure it's not for some people! Old grannies were passing me, kids were whizzing by as if I was taking baby steps. But I got there eventually.

Then I got lost trying to find the Griffins set up and ended up walking around by myself for two hours till I felt like my legs were going to give up on me entirely! I was tired and hungry and had no water, and I had to go to the Lost Kids tent and ask the lady there if I could pay her to use her cellphone! Felt like a right plonker. Tim and I ended up going to bed at 8.30 - which I actually think is a record for us.

So this morning it felt like some old biddy had taken off with my legs. I don't think my running career is going to make me world famous in New Zealand. I just winced my way down K Rd to try to stretch the ol' muscles. What's with that myth that exercise is good for you? No wonder every GP I've ever had has been overweight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home