Monday, February 12

Bondi - The Craziest Place On Earth

Me again. I seem to always hog this thing. Although I have asked Tim to post some pics of the gorgeous little Sofia Currie - but we'll see!!

Well I went from the" training" - the term is used loosely because we got barely any training done. Mostly we just ate. Anna Payne and I had a grand Home and Away date (for those who care, Amanda and Peter are engaged, Drew and Belle are getting back together and Sally may or may not have died) in my hotel room on Thursday night before heading off for Darling Harbour and dinner with Marcus. It was delicious and such a cool spot. Sydney really has it all covered. When are the losers that run Auckland going to figure it out?

Then on Friday afternoon Anna and Marcus left for home while I went to see Mali (who does my job but in Sydney and is based at the Channel Seven network) and got shown around the TV studio. I went for lunch with Mike (also does my job) and his random friend who works for the NSW government, and could finally explain to me how that all works! And then I was free!

I dragged my gigantic suitcase all the way from the hotel, up a slight hill to the train station, to Bondi Junction where I met with Char and Des. They're still the same! Having a great time in Bondi.

And that leads me to Bondi itself - a CRAZY place. It's like nothing I've ever seen. I was there when I was 19 but somehow managed to not realise what an insane place it is. It is insane for the following reasons:

1. The speedos. Men of all sizes wear speedos.
2. All men are so into themselves. They are tanned, buffed, shaven, strutting their stuff. It's really disturbing (how nice to get home to A REAL MAN!)
3. Plastic surgery. I have never seen so much fakery in all my days. Big boobs, fake fan, botoxed face. Charlene and I saw a woman who was so botoxed, she looked (from a slight distance) as if she was balling her eyes out. Up close, you can see that her face is just so munted from botox that it has this effect. Awful.
4. Nobody sleeps - they just party. Except old grandma me, who slept as much as I could in the noisiest place on earth.

It sounds like I hated Bondi, but I actually had a raging good time, catching up with Char, sampling the millions of eateries, swimming in the really nice water! It was a blast. And catching up with Charlene, Des and Mel was so much fun! I hadn't seen Mel (who did the original tour of NSW with Vicky and I six years ago!) for about four years, so that was great.

Flew home in the flash new Airbus. Was so happy to see Tim, it felt like weeks since we'd seen each other ha ha.

And now reality. It sinks in pretty fast when you're under these damn fluorescent lights!

Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home